TaylorMade is known as one of the best brands in the golf market due to their ability for producing top quality clubs and golf balls, though this fame was derived mostly from their club production. However, the introduction of TP5 and TP5X golf balls has attracted lots of golfers to the brand as a result of its game-improving features and artistic craftsmanship.
This two TaylorMade golf balls (TP5 and TP5X) may look alike, but their unique exteriors are what differentiate one from the other. The qualities and features of the TP5X have seen top golfers like Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson amongst others attracted to it.
Though, the TP5’s and TP5X’s features include five layers of construction, excellent spin level, 322 dimple cover, soft urethane cover, improve ball flight, lesser drag, and better distance among others. But the brand obsession with improvement and innovation lead to the release of an updated version with few tweaks and changes which include the following.
- The 4th layer has been redesigned to be more durable, and 30% stiffer compare to the older version;
- The use of quality materials such as the High Flex Modulus to improves ball velocity and game result upon every swing;
- The new model softer core design to reduce spin and the compression for the inner layers are now 16 for TP5 and 25 for TP5X.
TaylorMade TP5X Golf Balls
The latest TaylorMade TP5X balls are designed to be firmer with lower spin when compared to the original model, and the 2019 TP5X also offer to improve control compare to the previous one released earlier.
This golf balls also guarantee excellent distance and velocity when compared to the TP5 or the original TP5X. This ball is worth every penny for any skill level golfer seeking to improve range.
Differences between TP5 and TP5X
- The Major difference between both models is the variation in the softness of the exterior. The TP5X golf ball was designed with a stiffer urethane cover, while the TP5 soft cast urethane cover assures better feel;
- Another difference is seen in the TP5X .020 cast urethane cover thickness whereas the TP5 has a .040″ cast urethane cover thickness;
- The TP5X also boasts of a tad increase in speed, flight, distance, and less spin when compared to the TP5.
The new release version of the TaylorMade TP5X and TP5 not only offer superior quality and features to golfers but also ensures it remains one of the premium tour golf balls in the golf market.
The TP5X boast of improves distance, while the TP5 softer feel remains its selling point. The TP5X is also an excellent golf ball choice for players seeking to improve swing speed and can serve as an excellent alternative for high spin players.
Even though the TP5X offer numerous advantages, the TP5 are longer with the guarantee of softer feel and control while remaining a better golf ball overall.
It’s the best time to ask questions and give us your feedback in comments.