Every Golfer, professionals or not, always aim to hit with fewer strokes and accuracy from tee to green. Being the best or having any form of edge over competitors can sometimes be influenced by the type of equipment used. Maybe it is the Golf Club, Golf Ball, Golf Rangefinder or Golf GPS.
Choosing the best golf GPS and Rangefinder under 100$ is crucial to getting accurate measurements when playing for any golfer, these golf equipments are used to measure how far away a golfer is to the holes, it also help measure the slopes and drinks on a golf course.
Although most golfers might be unwilling to splash lots of cash, however it would be advisable to rather look for the best valued products that will not only provide quality features but will also come with affordable price tags.
We have reviewed and selected the best golf rangefinder devices under $100 in 2019 that will help transform golfer’s game in an ever competitive marketplace.
The role Golf GPS play recently have been essential to results and outcome In golfing events. While selecting the best golf GPS under 100$, it is not easy due to the pool competition of GPS devices offering various unique functionalities and designs on the market today.
Important Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best GPS
There are many GPS devices on the market which are able to offer thousands of courses, a quality GPS often come with 30,000 – 40,000 pre-loaded courses around the world with auto-course recognition as this will prove important when trying to save time connecting to the satellites.
Golf GPS which reveal the distance to certain hazards on the course is an added advantage. This feature enables golfers to navigate away from certain areas or hazard and only focus on the next hole.
A good GPS should boast of a good battery life. Though larger displays screen consumes more energy. However, GPS rangefinder should last for at least two or three plays around the course.
USB charging as one of the simplest solutions as it allows golfers to easily plug their GPS Device to other gadgets when it power drained. It is advisable to charge the battery is full when you leave home.
This feature saves time on the need to manually input the next step and the direction of your play. Thus, with an automatic process, it saves time and makes it easier.
These characteristics above will aid in the selection of the best golf GPS under the $100 price tag.
The Best Golf Rangefinder and GPS Under 100$ Reviews
Boblov 650 Yards Golf Rangefinder
Boblov 650 Yards Golf Rangefinders are crucial in golf to eliminate guess work in club selection as it brings more precision and accuracy to games, though the rangefinder helps in knowing the exact distance to dial into the golf club, it does not guarantee each swing will hit the target.
While there is quality but pricey Golf rangefinders like Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder which cost upwards of 300$ on Amazon, golfers on a limited budget don’t have to pay much to own one of the best rangefinders, this equipment can be easily purchased for less than 100$.
The Boblov golf rangefinder is a complete package for best value rangefinder that helps golfers to lower their handicap and improve games result. It comes with Pinsensor technology, vibration mode for when the flag is locked on. User-friendly, it allows for change of the units of measurements between meters and yards depending on your personal preference.
It is no surprise the Boblov golf rangefinders is selected the best under 100$. This equipment measures any distance within 650 yards to the closest one yard and has been given positive ratings by various users around the world.
For easy accessibility, the Boblov rangefinder also works in three different modes of range-finding which includes Flag Lock, Range Mode, and Speed Mode. While the speed mode might not be entirely useful on the golf course but for ardency of bike racing, motorsports or anyone interested in measuring how fast something is traveling you can use the speed mode for this.
This mode enables golfers to get the layout of the course by letting them see the distances to multiple different locations; also gives them distances. It is a great feature for golfers visiting a course for the first time as it helps to familiarize a golfer with the course.
Flag Locking Mode
This model ensures that rangefinder is locked onto the flag, though the Boblov rangefinder is not as expensive as Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder or the Bushnell Jolt rangefinder, it still vibrates when the flag distance is locked.
However, this mode takes a longer time for the rangefinder to give you the distance compared to range mode.
This feature is used to measure the speed of any target moving object; the speed data displayed on the screen in (mph & kpm). Notably, speed mode is not as essential as the former two modes above.
- Distance covered 650 yards;
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery that can be charged via a USB cable;
- 6X magnification;
- Weight: 5.9 oz;
- Time to Get Distances: 2-3 seconds;
- Battery Life: around 30k uses;
- Plus or minus one-yard Accuracy, with Pinsensor technology.
- Quality and affordable;
- Easy to use, simple two-button operation;
- Multi-function Rangefinder; It comes with 3 different modes;
- Clear optics with 6X magnification;
- Precise measurements under 200 yards;
- Comes with carrying case;
- Non-removable built-in battery;
- Difficult to measure over long distances.
A golf rangefinder is one of the best instruments that any golfer can use to significantly improve their game as it helps you in a variety of ways. I’d recommend the Boblov 650 Yards Golf Range over any other below 100$, though these devices may not give you tips on how to improve your swing, the information that you get from them will help you a lot.
Golfbuddy Voice 2
The GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS is the best under 100$ GPS beating competition from Garmin Approach G8 Handheld Golf GPS, The Bushnell Neo Plus Golf GPS and Garmin Approach S20.
The GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS is loaded with over 40,000 courses preloaded on it and have Auto-hole Advance features which automatically go to the next hole depending on where you are.
Here are some of the advantages GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS has over competitions.
- Talk function: This device can speak in eight different languages; the voice factor does not let it hamper the game as it uses its voice readout of the distance to the hole, distances to the front/middle/back of the green, shot distance measurement, and even a green view.
- One Time Fee: Though some GPS are renewed periodically. The GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS offer one time purchase of the device; after which you won’t have to spend any more money.
- Ease of Use: This userfriendly gadget will locate the course you are and the starting hole after switching it on. It can be attached to hat, belt and watch while golfing. You can easily convert from yardages to meters by holding the upper right button. GolfBuddy Voice 2 also offer easy volume controls on the right side of the device and weight about 1 oz to improve convenience.
- Battery Life: It lasts about 14 hours total on each charge which should be sufficient for the entire rounds.
- Water Proof: This model is suitable for any weather conditions provided all of the ports are closed completely. This waterproof Golf GPS can also be used during winter or raining season.
- Manual override: A Golfer can manually enter whatever hole you are on, this feature is lacking in other GPS units.
- Needs a better construction.
- Too small and can easily get lost.
- It might not be 100% accurate when a course is recently renovated or Tee is closer to the green.
The GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder is recommended because its design and advanced functions, but its pricetag pegged below 100$ on Amazon makes it the best value Golf GPS in the market as at when this Review was posted.
It’s the best time to ask questions and give us your feedback in comments.